If you are participating in the 2017 Adults Summer Reading Program and you don’t know what to read next, here are some reading suggestions. The list is broken in to Talking books, Large Print books, and Braille books.
- Airborne: A Guided Tour of an Airborne Task Force DB051722
- Describes an elite fighting unit of the army and air force–the 82nd Airborne Division–including its personnel, technology, and mission. Also, presents two short stories creating scenarios illustrating the fighting capacity of the unit.
- Submarine: A Guided Tour Inside a Nuclear Warship DB037742
- After a brief history and explanation of building techniques and crew qualifications, Clancy goes aboard a 688I. He explains every aspect of the U.S.S. Miami before moving on to tour a British vessel and provide updates on submarines throughout the world.
- Into the Storm: A Study in Command DB044821
- A study in modern military leadership as seen through the eyes of retired army general Fred Franks, who served in the Vietnam and Gulf wars. Discusses the theory, strategy, and doctrines of war.
- Special Forces: A Guided Tour of U.S. Army Special Forces DB052128
- Portrait of the Green Berets. Discusses their recruitment and training, equipment, and missions. Includes an interview with General Hugh Shelton, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and ends with a mini-novel depicting a terrorist revolution in Indonesia.
- Against All Enemies DB073301
- After his mission to take custody of a high-ranking Taliban prisoner goes horribly wrong, a former Navy SEAL is asked to return to America and investigate an alliance between the Taliban and a Mexican drug cartel.
- Clear and Present Danger LT013868
- Jack Ryan must consider when it is appropriate to respond to criminal activity with military force when Colombian drug lords assassinate three American officials.
- Tom Clancy’s Net Force LT023756
- When Russian computer expert Vladimir Plekhanov’s grand plan calls for the assassination of the head of the FBI’s Net Force, Alexander Michaels must discover who is behind the murder and who is sabotaging mainframe computers across the country.
- SSN LT024693
- Captain Bartholomew Mackey is the skipper of the U.S.S. Cheyenne on a mission to protect a carrier group. However, the Cheyenne’s mission will change as a tense situation explodes into a full-scale war.
- Without Remorse LT017941
- Born John Kelly, but known by readers by his code name, Mr. Clark faces the threat of two missions, two wars, and is running out of time.
- Tom Clancy’s Op-Center: Mirror Image LT019812
- The Cold War is over and the President of Russia is trying to create a new democratic regime, but there are many obstacles trying to impede his efforts such as the Russian mafia, right-wing nationalist and nefarious forces seeking to bring back the days of the Czar.
- Rainbow Six BR012192
- When former Navy SEAL John Clark’s flight to London is hijacked, he and his co-worker quickly foil the attempt. In London, the two deal with banks robbers with hostages, a raid, and a radicalized environmentalist.
- Red Storm Rising BR006655
- When a team of Moslem terrorists blows up a key Russian oil installation, the Soviets face a severe fuel shortage and plan to seize the Persian Gulf.
- Patriot Games BR007162
- Retired from the CIA, Jack Ryan is a rich ex-stockbroker and history teacher at the US Naval Academy. While his family is on vacation in London, he intervenes with an attempt to kidnap the royal family of Wales, now making himself the target of terrorist group.
- The Hunt for Red October BR007205
- The entire crew of Red October, a Soviet submarine, is defecting to the U.S. and the Russian navy is on a path to destroy it. Jack Ryan, contacts the commander of Red October, and use all of his resources to find and protect it.
- The Cardinal of the Kremlin BR007491
- The U.S. and Russia are in a race to develop strategic defense systems. The most knowledgeable on the opposing sides are Jack Ryan for the U.S. and Mikhail Filitov for the Soviet Union. Ryan learns Filitov is about to be betrayed and attempts to rescue him.
These lists are available for download on the NCLBPH website in a PDF format here.